12th - 18th April 2021 Macro & Wideangle in Bali
Best of Muck & Wideangle diving at the north-east coast of Bali in the wonderful Alam Batu Beach Bungalow Resort with Doris Vierkötter (the owner of the Alam Batu Resort) and Tobias Friedrich. We will dive in the excellent reefs around the beautiful resort and talk about macro photography with and without a light former (snoot) as well as some wideangle and close-focus wideangle dives. There is also the possibility for night dives and blackwater dives!
The workshop is 1499 Euro per person and includes:
- 7 days accomodation in a bungalow with AC and breakfast (shared)
- 15 boat dives (additional or night dives can be booked on request)
- 5 days photo workshop
- Transfer from and to the airport in Denpasar
The workshop leader Tobias Friedrich will alternately accompany the participants during the dives in order to be able to give suggestions during and after the dive. Between the dives, Tobias is available for questions and suggestions. Every evening there is a picture discussion with all participants, where one photos per person is assessed and processed. In addition, general techniques of underwater photography are discussed, which are based on the wishes of the participants and can include the following topics:
Possible topics are:
- Basic underwater photography rules
- Using strobes underwater
- Camera settings
- How many strobes do I need?
- Finding the right perspectives
- How to make a nice light on corals
- Photography with light formers (snoots)
- Macro photography
- Possible wreck dives on the USS Liberty
- Correct setup and communication with models
- Choosing the right images and workflows
- Postproduction with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
Each participant is addressed individually so that the skills can be guaranteed to improve. A DSLR or very good camera is not absolutely necessary for participation. Equipment can be borrowed after consultation. Compact camera owners, partners and non-photographers are also welcome, of course.
For questions and bookings please sent me an email via the contact form or directly to tobias (at) below-surface.com
Bookings: info (@) alam-batu.com
Link to Alam Batu Beach Bungalow Resort.
*Disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Tobias Friedrich is not a travel agent and is not organizing the trips above. He is just offering the workshops. The trips need to be booked at the travel agents that are stated in the links.